The real world was bit different than the university life. A lot of theoretical knowledge seem to fade away when I tried to implement them on physical entities. I started getting confused. but was enthusiatic to see and compare the contrast between both worlds. During my PG degree, I applied and got an offer to work for University of London in their Informatics Laboratory (http://www.dcs.qmul.ac.uk/resources/). Upon completion of my PG masters I started working at a Doctors Surgery as an IT Administrator. Looking after the Patients record database system called EMIS. After working there for a year I received a permanent job offer from Medical Research Council (http://www.har.mrc.ac.uk/) which I gratefully accepted as it was the closest I could go to achieve for choice of working in public sector organisations. My role here involves administering and supporting Systems and Network. To name a few here are some of the projects I've undertaken as to date: -
Sophos Endpoint Security, Becrypt Encryption, Nagios Implementation, VMware Virtualisatio and Sugar CRM.
This a a challenging role in a dynamic environment where sometimes things appear to be urgent in a flick of a second or may be not urgent at all. The work represents diversity of projects in different areas. The following blog entries I will try to enter and share my work and social life more cosely as it comes so please stay tuned.
nish.
No comments:
Post a Comment