I should have mentioned this project before the CRM one but didn't get the chance to collect all the procedure step by step that time. Virtualisation came into the picture in a meeting when our Infrastructure IT Manager started discussing the benefits. I was sent for a workshop in London to have a general idea (this post is backdated from March this year). The presentation was really impressive and the best thing I liked in the workshop was the VMotion stuff. One day we arranged a general consultation with ANIX and they seemed to offer a better deal than other available vendors.
We started the project. It's nearly impossible to mentioned each and every aspects of this project as the space is limited but I will try to mention the core procedure of the virtualisation such as downloading, installing, building a cluster and host, assigning and migrating the physical server to as a VM into the host and so on.
No comments:
Post a Comment